Thursday, June 6, 2013

May 2013

May was a busy month for us and it was over before we knew it! 


We started the month out by celebrating Bronson's SECOND BIRTHDAY on May 9th. I still can't believe he's two already. The morning of his birthday I had been asked to share our Sick Kids story at a Walmart employee meeting as part of the kick off for their 'Walk for Miracles' event. So, Bronson and I were up bright and early and at an Oshawa Walmart by 7:15am. The employees and management were great and seemed to be touched by our story.


 The manager had heard it was Bronson's birthday so they surprised us with an Iron Man bike with training wheels! How amazing is that? Bronson was super excited and couldn't stop saying 'bike'. 


There was cake for their event and since it was Bronson's birthday I let him enjoy his 8am treat! 


We celebrated as a family later that evening and we gave Bronson a basketball net. He is completely obsessed with basket balls, soccer balls, base balls etc so he loved the net! (That was the best photo I captured... Sorry for the blur!) 


As the month moved along we celebrated Mother's Day and I enjoyed breakfast in bed :) Jon is an awesome cook so it tasted as good as it looked! 


I tried and tried to get a good Mother's Day photo with Kallie and Bronson and above was the best I could do. It's one of my favorite photos now. I crack up every time I see Bronson's drool dripping onto my forehead.  LOL oh, memories!


After Mother's Day we spent a lot of time having picnics and playing soccer down at the beach. I love this little family of ours. 


My birthday rolled around near the end of the month and I turned 28 on the 28th. I'm starting to dislike birthdays as I get closer and closer to 30. At least I still have 1 more before the big 3-0! As I already mentioned, Jon is an awesome cook and he made pan fried salmon steaks with lightly breaded grilled onions, lemon, and capers on top of mashed garlic sweet potatoes. YUM! 

As the month of May concluded we received news that Jon's Nan had suddenly passed away. She was such a sweet and kind lady. While talking with some of the family I found out that Jon's Nan and Pop had been married almost 69 years. I can't imagine what it would be like losing your spouse after that many years of marriage. 


We spent a few days with family and attended her funeral. The circumstances were unfortunate but it was nice to see everyone. 


On our way home we stopped by the cemetery and Jon and Kallie placed a white rose on her grave. Although our month ended on a not so happy note  it's comforting to know that Jon's Nan is now with Jesus and no longer in pain. 

No comments: