Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy FIRST Birthday to Bronson!

Dear Bronson,

It's hard to believe that so much has happened in one year.

I'm writing this the night before your birthday and it's weird to think that exactly one year ago I was getting ready to go to bed and had no idea what the next 6-7 hours would bring us.

We had no idea that anything was wrong with you and that we'd spend the next 15 weeks at The Hospital for Sick Children.


There's no denying that you're a strong and stubborn little boy.
But, your stubborn streak is what made you fight through your first four months of life.



I remember spending countless hours beside your bed at the hospital and praying for your healing.
We have an awesome God because he listened to our prayers and he made the impossible possible.

You're so little but you have taught me more than enough in one year of life.


I was reading a journal entry from May 18, 2011 and it took me back for a minute to those first couple of weeks when we didn't know if you would make it.

"I've only been able to hold you once in 11 days. All I want to do is be able to hold and cuddle you. It hurts me to see you laying there hooked up to all the tubes looking so helpless. All I want is for you to be healthy and home with us. I know God is watching over you and that his best guardian angels are surrounding your bed and keeping you safe. I keep picturing you in grade 1 or 2 and bragging to your friends that you were born with cancer, had chemo at 4 days old, and that you're a survivor. When I think about that it makes me smile. I know that you're going to be healed and be home with us soon. You are a fighter!"



Everyday I feel blessed to be your mom.
Even on the days when you're fussy and scream all day I still feel blessed.


To the little boy who can't sit still,
Happy Birthday!

We love you soooo much and are thankful to be your parents.

 Love,
Mommy and Daddy

I've shared this video before but, here's the video that was shown at his Baby Dedication in November.



5 comments:

mommy said...

Yes our God is a mighty God even when we think were out there alone he is always there He comes in our dark times and is there in our good times He loves us so much that He sent His Son Thanlyou Jesus for answering prayer and blessing the Anthony crew what a testimony to your Glory.

Just Beachy said...

Happy birthday Bronson, what a happy day indeed for your family

The Anthony Crew said...

Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Bronson! I love you like you were my own! I have followed your fight, your every move and prayed for you since the day you were born! Happy birthday little guy!

THE COOK'S said...

New follower!! Happy Birthday to your little guy!! He's adorable. :)))