Monday, May 7, 2012

Book Review: Need you Now by Beth Wiseman

I love a good book. I don't read nearly as much as what I would like to but I think that's expected with little ones running around! 

The B&B Media Group sent me a complimentary copy of the book 'Need You Now' by Beth Wiseman. As I already mentioned I love a good book and I was really looking forward to reading this one.


When big-city life threatens the safety of one of their children, Brad and Darlene Henderson move with their three teenagers from Houston to the tiny town of Round Top, Texas.
Adjusting to small-town life is difficult for the kids, especially fifteen-year-old Grace who is coping in a dangerous way.

Married life hasn't always been bliss, but their strong faith has carried Brad and Darlene through the difficult times. When Darlene takes a job outside the home for the first time in their marriage, the domestic tension rises.

While working with special needs children at her new job, the widowed father of one of the students starts paying more attention to Darlene than is appropriate. Problem is, she feels like someone is listening to her for the first time in a long time.

If Darlene ever needed God . . . it's now. 

**********

My Opinion

This book is contemporary Christian fiction and is based on a family that moves to the country to get away from the fast pace of the city. Shortly after moving they go through a rough time with their 15 year old daughter who is causing self harm. The husband and wife find themselves constantly arguing and not getting along. After being a stay at home home for years the wife decides to go back to work to make some extra money but finds herself falling for one of her students parents.

Not only did the book start off slow but I also really don't like watching movies or reading books about affairs and I would have stopped reading it there but, I kept reading so I could write this review. With the whole aspect of the affair in the book it really didn't come off as Christian fiction to me. But, that's just my opinion. 

The author, Beth Wiseman, is best known for her amish series and this was her first book with contemporary fiction. I enjoyed her style of writing so I may try reading some of her amish based books because I'm sure there won't be any themes of affairs in those! 

(sorry the whole affair theme really ruins movies and books for me!)

I don't think I would be rereading this book however, if reading about affairs doesn't both you then you just might think that this is a good book.

I received a complementary copy of this book from The B&B Media Group in exchange for a review on my blog. I was not required to give a positive review and all opinions are my own.

No comments: