Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Day 28: Grow Up!

I can't believe that March is almost over, which means our 31 day challenge is almost over as well! 
I haven't done a post about the challenge in over a week... sorry to those doing it with me!
All of my spare time has been going towards a little project that I'll share with you in the next couple of weeks!

But as for the challenge, I've only missed 3-4 days since we started and the days I didn't read my bible were on the weekends. I know, not a good excuse, but I find that the weekend and schedules don't go hand in hand! 

**********

I think I mentioned in another post that I had started to read a devotional on my iphone by InTouch Ministries and the other day was based on this verse: 

When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.
 We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!
 But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. 1 Corinthians 13:11-13


It's telling us that we need to keep going after God and getting to know him more. When everyone is a child we have a small vocabulary. If, as adults, we were still speaking like we did when we were 4 years old then we most likely wouldn't be in the jobs we are today. Our relationship with God is the same way. We need to keep spending time with him and reading our bibles and praying in order to get to know him better. 


I knew all that before doing this challenge but I think that I just understand it better now and realize how important it really is.

How has everyone else been doing with the challenge?



No comments: