Sunday, March 4, 2012

The 31 Day Challenge - Day 4


Yesterday a friend of mine told me about a devotional app called In Touch Ministries. One of the titles, 'Waiting for God to Intervene, from March 2, 2012 immediately caught my eye. 
Sometimes I get frustrated waiting for God to answer my prayers. 
I know that he hears them but I like to get an answer right away.

I will remain confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD. 
Psalm 27:13-14

I always have to remember that God's timing is perfect and his answer is usually more than what I could have hoped for.
He's never early and he's never late. He chooses to do "His thing" when the timing is just right. 
Maybe all God wants me to do while I wait is to learn to trust get to know him better.

**********

As I told you before, I've been setting my alarm 40 minutes earlier every morning. It might only be day 4 of the 31 Day Challenge but I've enjoyed it so far.
The only thing I'm tweaking to my schedule is my time on the weekend. For Saturday and Sunday every week I'm still setting aside the extra time but I'm making my reading/prayer time happen in the evening instead.

When are you making your reading time happen?
What are you reading for the challenge?
 (chapters or books of the bible? devotional? other?)

No comments: