Monday, February 27, 2012

Kallie is TWO!

Kallie turned TWO this weekend and I still can't believe it!
I love reminiscing and I thought that I'd share Kallie's birth story with you... since it is her birthday and all.

February 25, 2012 - Kallie's 2nd Birthday!
My pregnancy with Kallie was very uneventful. Well, other than selling and buying a new house and moving to a new town all when I was 33 weeks along but, medically wise - very uneventful.

February 24, 2010
I thought that I was going to be pregnant forever. I was 7 days overdue and was scheduled to be induced the following morning at 6am but, I really wanted to try and go into labour by myself.

I drank umpteen cups of red raspberry leaf tea (I don't know if that actually works but I was ready to try anything..except for the whole castor oil thing), went for a few walks, did some squats, and finally by mid afternoon I noticed the contractions becoming more regular.

February 2010 - Kallie's 1st week
By 4:30pm Jon and I were headed into the hospital and I was hoping and praying that it was true labour. I really didn't want to be sent home.

5:30pm rolled around and the nurse was ready to send me home because she thought that I had tons of time before a baby was making it's out. But, no sooner did she tell us that and the really painfully intense contractions started coming every 2 minutes. So, they admitted me and a couple of hours later I received my wonderful epidural!

The epidural only worked on my left side and I could still feel all of the contractions on the right side. Not exactly the results I was hoping for. So, after about 1.5hrs and trying different positions to try and get the med to disperse properly, the nurse gave me a little bit of an epidural med boost and, by 12am I wasn't able to feel a thing and was as happy as could be!

All photos: 2 months old
February 25, 2010
12:30am I started to feel really nauseous. I told the nurse that I thought I was ready to start pushing but, because I was only 7cm an hour prior to that, she said that there was no way I was at 10cm already.
I kept nagging her and telling her to check again and finally she gave in. 
And, guess what? I was 10cm!  

I pushed for 30 minutes and then was abruptly told to stop and to not even think of sneezing or coughing because Kallie right there and was ready to pop out... but my doctor hadn't arrived yet! So, we waited 30 minutes until he arrived (thank goodness for that epidural otherwise I would not have been waiting for him to get there!) and with a barely a push she was out! 

Jon and I welcomed Kallie into our family at 2:03am on February 25, 2010, weighing 8lbs 10 oz and 21.5 inches long.

Top: 4 mths old,
Bottom Left to right: 16 months old, 8 months old, 3 months old.

I will never forget that day. It was one of the best days of my life! 
(Getting married to Jon and welcoming Bronson into the world are the other best days of my life)

Now, looking back at all of the wonderful memories, I can't believe that two years have already passed by.

I remember wondering when the sleepless nights from being up with a colicky baby would end.
I remember anxiously waiting for Kallie to be big enough to use the bumbo.
I remember how cute and messy she was while eating her first baby cookie.
I remember how excited Jon and I were for her first jump in her Jolly Jumper.
I remember celebrating her 1st birthday like it was yesterday.
I remember watching her learn to walk.

I don't want to take any moment I have with any of my kids for granted. Kallie is the most loving, caring, funny, adventurous, and adorable little girl, and we are blessed beyond measure to have her as our daughter.


Happy Birthday my dear Kallie! Daddy and I love you very very much and I don't want you to ever forget that!
xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday kallie!

Lauren Farina said...

Pfft! The nurse thought 3cm in 1 hour was unlikely?? I went from 5cm dilated to fully dilated and Noah's head being almost out in 25 MINUTES. No joke. My doctor barely made it in time, not that it would have mattered. I'm really glad the nurses didn't try to stop me from pushing, because it would have been IMPOSSIBLE! My body was doing all the pushing, and I had no control over it. And I had no epidural, so I'm pretty sure I would have sworn at them and continued pushing anyway. lol

Happy birthday Kallie! I can't believe two years has passed so quickly...

The Anthony Crew said...

25 mins is crazy fast ..especially with it being your first! If you have any other babies you better be close driving distance to a hospital! :)

The Anthony Crew said...

Thanks! :)