Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Crafty Tuesday - Coloured Ice Block Activity

 This winter has brought very mild weather and has given me a very muddy backyard. Obviously, I don't like sending kids outside to play in the mud so I've been trying to come up with activities to keep them busy on the deck (where there's no mud!). I first saw this idea on one of my favourite blogs, Meet the Dubiens, and thought that the kids would love playing with these.

I decided to give the kids a bit of variety and used a muffin tin and silicone flower muffin molds to make the ice. 

I filled each muffin tin with water and then individually added food colouring, mixed it with a small spoon, and let them freeze in the freezer. Easy.


Kallie loved it! She stacked the blocks, buried them in the snow, and then tried to eat them. It definitely was a huge hit! :)

What crafts or kids activities have you been working on? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments: