Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The 31 Day Challenge

My Problem:
I don't know about you but I find myself so busy with kids, laundry, and everyday life that I have a  difficult time setting aside a piece of my day for reading my bible and praying. For years I've always read my bible before going to bed at night but now a days by 9pm I'm wiped and if I even attempt to read at that time I will definitely fall asleep. So, needless to say, there are quite a few days when I don't get a chance to read my bible at all. Not. Good.

My Plan:
I've decided that for the month of March I'm going to start setting my alarm to go off an extra 40 minutes earlier to give me uninterrupted time to read my bible and pray. I want my relationship with God to grow and to do that I need to be spending time with Him through reading the bible and praying.


My Challenge to You:
I'd love for you to join me with this challenge!

 It's up to you when you choose to take the time to read your bible because let's face it, we all have different schedules. But, just make sure that you're doing your best to make it uninterrupted time. It could be while your kids are napping, after the kids go to bed, listening to the bible while driving (my husband has this awesome app called Bible.is that reads the bible to you..check it out!),  or on your daily commute on public transit.

When and where you decide to do it is up to you. The point of it is to get into a routine of reading God's Word and getting to know him on a more personal level. I'm sure we'll all be amazed at how much a little challenge will actually change our spiritual life. 

If you're going to do the challenge just post a comment below or send me an email to let me know! :)

I'll be posting extra blog posts through out the month of March to let you know how I'm doing and to see how you're doing! :)

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I will take on this challenge with you! It will help me with reading and praying more than I already do.

Anonymous said...

I'll join you on this challenge

MilitaryMomof2 said...

I'm in!!! It's funny that you posted this because my "story" is the exact same! Used to read it EVERY night before bed. There was rarely a time I didn't. Lately - I've been so exhausted, I open it and just fall asleep or read it, and when I finished reading, have NO IDEA, really NO IDEA what I just read.

Alexis said...

I am on board for the challenge and a new follower. The story of your son gave me chills and oh my gosh the fact that your sister was a perfect live donor. God definitely had is hand in that. I love blogs like yours because when I am reminded that even my bad days aren't that bad.

Is he still doing well? I haven't had a chance to read past his birth-going home.

Alexis