Monday, January 2, 2012

A little late, but Our Christmas in Review!

It's been about a week and a half since I've posted anything on my blog - sorry! Over the Christmas season I decided to take a break from blogging, facebook, and twitter and, other than checking my email, (and maybe a tweet here and there) I enjoyed the break from social media!

We had a GREAT Christmas this year! It was Kallie's second Christmas and Jon and I loved watching the smile and excitement on spread across her face as she opened each present. It was Bronson's first Christmas and he's too young to open his presents so Kallie had a great time opening double the amount of presents!

Here's a little bit of what our Christmas was like:
 This was Christmas morning. We had just finished opening presents at our house and were getting ready to leave for my parents house for breakfast and more presents!

 This isn't a good picture but it's the only one I have of all four of us during Christmas! I wish we had taken a few more, or just one that wasn't blurry, oh well!

 We stayed in our pajamas until after we ate our Christmas breakfast. When Jon and I got married we started a tradition of getting new pajamas every Christmas eve.


Christmas Breakfast at my parents house with my siblings. The only person missing is my sister, Sarah Beth, but someone had to take the picture! For breakfast Christmas morning my mom always makes a Charleston Breakfast Casserole, sticky buns, fruit, coffee and orange juice. I love traditions!

My brother gave Kallie the Let's Rock Elmo and its been quite a hit! Bronson starts laughing every time it turns on and Kallie loves using Elmo's microphone to sing along with him. Definitely the best toy ever...the downside is that there's no volume control on Elmo!

Kallie even had her own goblet to drink out of for her turkey dinner! She'd better not get used to drinking out of glassware like that!

We went to Jon's parent's house for 2 days and had a great visit with everyone there! Kallie and Bronson got a sled from their Nanny and Poppy, go figure it was a green Christmas though! At least we got some snow 3 days after Christmas!

First real snowfall this winter! I had brought Kallie's snow suit with us to Jon's parent's house but somehow it got left behind. Luckily, last winter I bought a snowsuit on clearance for the "baby" thinking 6-12mths would fit him fine. Well, it's HUGE on Bronson but it fit Kallie (even if it was a little short!).

Our first family outing in the snow!

The kids loved being pulled in the sled!

 
The snow might have only lasted for 2-3 days, but we live in Ontario, Canada so I'm pretty sure we'll have another snow fall before the end of winter. 

All said and done Christmas 2011 was excellent and I'm looking forward to what 2012 has in store for us!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

I love all the photo's. Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I love the sled. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed 2012.