Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tv Room: Paint Before and After

Two weeks ago in an InstaFriday post I mentioned that I was going to paint our tv room - finally - and I actually did! It wasn't until after I had put up our Christmas Tree that I decided to paint, but I just moved the tree around the room and it worked out quite well!

I bought the paint for this room in March 2010 with the plans to paint in the spring after Bronson was born. We all know how Bronson's birth and the months following turned out (if you don't you can read about it here), and obviously painting was the furthest thing from my mind!

BEHR Premium Plus paint, Eggshell finish in 'Dolphin Fin' colour from Home Depot. I don't usually buy Behr paint but I really liked it! You really only smell the paint in the room you're painting, not all over the house like other brands I've used.

Before
I just want to make it clear that I did not pick this colour - it was already pink when we bought the house!

 I started painting this wall in July 2010, but decided I didn't like the colour and used it for my hallways instead. This wall has been half painted like this for over a year now! I'm so glad to have it all one colour now

Halfway There
 The First coat of paint. My Christmas tree got moved around so much that all of the decorations got shuffled a little.


After
I thought these pictures were dark but now that I'm comparing the colour to the actual wall it's actually pretty spot on. There's no decor on the walls yet. My husband went to put stuff up the other day for me but he dropped the drill bit and we haven't been able to find it or another one that matches around the house. Soon enough my walls will have decor!

We also painted all of the trim in the room. It's amazing how much of a difference that makes! Now my next project is to paint the trim in the rest of the house.

Opposite side of the room from where my Christmas tree is. These doors go outside to our deck and backyard so there's always a lot of traffic through here in the summer! My kids were getting cranky at this point but Mickey Mouse Clubhouse makes everything better! :)

No comments: