Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Book Review: "Heaven is for Real"

I've never done a book review on my blog before, but I found one that was definitely worth sharing! I've heard a lot of stories of people going into heaven and have always been a little bit hesitant about them. That is, until I read this book.

"Heaven is for Real", by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent, is a book about a four year old little boy, Colton, and his account of his visit to heaven. Colton had to have an emergency surgery and everything went as planned. But, a couple of months post surgery Colton began to talk about things that had occurred during his surgery, such as where and what his parents were doing during that time and that he watched the surgeon operate on him.

Throughout the next couple of years Colton would say different things that would catch his parents off guard. One night, out of the blue, he said to his mom, "I have a sister", and his mom replied that yes he did have a sister and she was sitting in the other room. Colton disagreed and went on to say that he was talking about his other sister who died in his mommy' tummy. Another sister he was never told about. A little baby they lost in a miscarriage. How could a little four year old boy know that?

On a different occasion Colton said that he met his grandpa who had died years before he was even born. His parents showed him pictures of his grandpa in his later years and to each picture Colton said that it wasn't him. Finally, he was shown a picture of his grandpa when he was in his 20's and almost immediately Colton said that was who he had met. Amazing is all I have to say.

I always thought "Ya, people are in heaven waiting for us", but I never gave it much more thought than that. This book gave me a different perspective of what heaven is like. This is an amazing book that I would definitely recommend to read. It's one of those books you can't put down, and trust me you won't regret reading it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing book. I just finished reading it as well!