Monday, June 27, 2011

Life goes on


Life is a funny thing. Growing up most people dream of getting married to Mr. or Mrs. Right, having 2.3 kids, driving an SUV (because vans are what we think old, uncool parents drive...even though that's what most people end up driving and loving - I wouldn't trade my van for anything!), and we think that life will be perfect. We never think about how life changing events, disasters, illnesses, deaths or other situations will impact our lives. Everyone thinks that the "bad" things only happen to other people.  

Thinking back to only 5 years ago I had no idea what life would throw my way. But, I wouldn't change a thing. I believe that every situation we go through makes us that much stronger and wiser and will usually gives us a new outlook on life. Regardless of how we handle these situations life still moves on around us. 

When Bronson was born in May the grass was just turning green and the trees were just budding. I feel like I've missed an entire season because, for the last seven weeks, I've been inside at the hospital six days a week. I would love to know how much longer Bronson will be in the hospital for because, honestly, I'm exhausted! Looking back to seven weeks ago I don't know how I managed to leave the hospital only eight short hours after giving birth and then drive up to the hospital to see Bronson at Sick kids. In seven weeks I haven't stopped. Even though my world has been on hold everything and everyone around me has kept moving forward. In this short time our daughter, Kallie, has started walking and all of a sudden has a full mouth of teeth. Time is going by way to fast.
Yesterday Jon and I brought Kallie to see Bronson. It was only her second time seeing him (her first time was the day he was born) and since she's only sixteen months old she was more interested in trying to poke his eyes out and steal his soother! But we were able to get some cute pictures of them together... finally! I'll try and post some later on.

I really hope that this chapter of our lives, that consists of commuting to the hospital every day, is almost over. I would love to be able to enjoy a little bit of summer without having to rush out of the house every morning to try and catch my GO train. I want to be at home with both of my babies under the same roof. I know that day will come soon but I'm running out of patience! 

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hang in there. Your little man will be home soon. Then you will be juggling life with 2 kids at home. I know that sounds wonderful. We will continue to pray for you.

Valerie Ralph said...

My friend had a preemie girl (14 weeks early) around the same time that Bronson was born and they are still waiting to bring her home too. I'm sure my friend understands the desire to just get home! Since the baby's birth my friend was hospitalized for placenta accretia, her husband had a car accident and he rolled her truck 6 times the day before yesterday. I'm babysitting her almost-2-year-old son. So, you are not alone in your struggles and you are surrounded by prayer!

Valerie (Woodworth) Ralph from Labrador City