Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's a New Week

Today is Sunday which means it's the beginning of a new week. I am hoping and praying that this new week will come with good news and more good news. I want to be able to find out what has been causing all of Bronson's breathing problems, liver problems, and in the last two days all the pain that he has been having. 

For the last two nights Bronson has been awake crying, angry and inconsolable and has had to have his morphine and sedatives increased to help him calm down. It's hard to see him so uncomfortable and not know what is wrong and not be able to make him feel better. He's been able to sleep throughout the day but, from what the nurses tell me, the nights are a different story. 

From what I've been told, Bronson's breathing hasn't improved but hasn't become worse since Friday. His bilirubin levels, which have been VERY high and were starting to come down earlier last week, are now on the rise again. We have one very yellow baby and the only way to make these bilirubin levels come down is to treat the underlying cause - which brings us back to the ever present problem of his decreased liver function. 

I keep telling myself that we WILL receive good news this week and that Bronson will start improving. I honestly don't know how many more complications or infections I can stand to hear about. Bronson has showed us how much of a fighter he is and I know that he will continue to fight. I am on the sidelines, along with so many others, cheering him on and he WILL win!

"But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." - Isaiah 40:31 

No comments: